Nest Vintage Modern is accepting consignment items for period-appropriate crafted, upcycled, & repurposed items and painted furniture pieces. Our demographic is shopping for fresh takes on vintage home goods from the 30′s, 40′s, 50′s, & 60′s. We love old painted dressers, galvanized wire baskets and gates, chippy chandeliers, funky old chairs with modern prints or paint colors, mid-century pieces, etc. If your item isn’t accepted, please don’t be upset. Nest Vintage Modern strives to maintain a well-defined vision of our product collection. That doesn’t mean it’s not an awesome piece, just that it doesn’t fit in our particular story.
Sorry, but we are not accepting smalls, nicknacks, figurines, cut glassware, china, etc.
We would love to see photos of the items you’d like to submit for consignment. Please send them to email@example.com.
How Does It Work?
- Condition of the Items We Accept: We’ll have a look at your items and select what we feel will sell. All items must be very clean and in excellent condition. Sometimes there will be items whose time isn’t right. So we reserve the right to decline any consignment. We assume that all the items consigned to us are owned by you.
- Pricing: You receive 50% of the selling price. The item will be displayed for the first 60 days (2 months) at the initial price that we agree on. From day 61 – 90 the price will be reduced by 15%. From day 91 – 120 the price will be reduced by an additional 10%. At 121 days, you have a choice. See below*
- *If Your Item(s) Doesn’t Sell? Your listing lasts for 120 days. After 120 days we’ll call you and you have the option of picking your item(s) up. If you choose to leave the item with Nest Vintage Modern after your listing has expired, you agree to forfeit the item and it becomes the property of Nest Vintage Modern. Items must be picked up in 3 days.
- If You Would Like Your Item(s) Back? You can cancel your consignment any time after 60 days and take back your item(s). Just phone us, let us know you’d like it back and if it’s unsold our staff will move it into the shipping area for pickup. Items must be picked up in 3 business days. If you would like to reclaim your item(s) before 60 days you may do so. An administrative fee of 10% of the starting price will apply.
- How You Get Paid: Checks can be picked up any time after the 15th of the month. If you haven’t picked it up by the 30th we’ll mail it to you.
- Pick Up and Delivery: Nest Vintage Modern doesn’t currently offer pickup and delivery, but we’re happy to refer you to our preferred delivery companies. You arrange pickup, delivery and payment directly with them. Our recommended delivery companies offer a special delivery rate for Nest Vintage Modern customers.
- Liabilities: Through the consignment listing (120 days) your item(s) is owned by you until it is sold or picked up. We promise to take very good care of your item(s) while we have it at Nest Vintage Modern, but please be advised that we are not responsible for any loss resulting from damage, theft, or any other circumstance.
- Why Choose Nest Vintage Modern? At Nest Vintage Modern, we love what we do. We started the business to offer a fun, creative space to display terrific, interesting, vintage furniture and home decor items. With your input, we’ll determine the best price possible for your item(s). Then we’ll stage it in our store so that it looks fabulous. And when it sells, we’ll send you the check.
- Nest Vintage Modern reserves the right to allow for price negotiation on items over $100 if within 10% and if it will ensure the sale.
We want to make sure your special piece sells at a price you’re happy with, but also serves the customer. It is important that the fact that this is a vintage shopping environment be kept in consideration. To the shopper, it does not matter what the item was valued at when it was new or how much time you spent working on it. Items must be priced at a point that takes into account the attractiveness of the piece, it’s sturdiness, and it’s value to the buyer. It’s wise and helpful for you to strike a balance between the energy and money you put into a piece so that you do not over-invest and are unable to recoup that investment. An ideal way to calculate the final retail price is what you paid for the piece, fair market value for the work you put into it, and whatever materials had to be procured. It is important to be aware of the market which surrounds our shop as we cannot price ourselves out of our market.
I hope this information is helpful!
Thank you. We look forward to doing business with you!
Leave a Comment