Annie Sloan is one of the world’s most respected experts in the field of decorative painting. Buy Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan, waxes, fabrics, brushes, books and accessories at Chicago area Nest Vintage Modern. We’re just about 20 minutes west of downtown Chicago by the Eisenhower or Stevenson highways, right in the heart of downtown La Grange.
We’re always happy to help guide you through your project. Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan is our exclusive product of choice for painting the furniture we sell. We arrived at that decision after years of using every product we got our hands on. It really is the Best Paint in the World. We’re sure you’ll love it as well.
Chalk Paint® requires no sanding or priming. Chalk Paint decorative paint by Annie Sloan is very easy to work with. It is extremely low VOC, and very quick drying to a velvety, matte finish.
You can paint just about anything you can think of with this wonderful paint.
Painting with our paint should always be a pleasure.
Annie Sloan developed her now famous Chalk Paint® to answer the need she had for a paint which would have many uses from acting like limewash to looking like old painted furniture, and that had a good range of colour that could be extended by the user. This paint is very easy to work with and allows people to be creative as one doesn’t get involved with the technicalities of preparation and it also allows you to change your mind without hassle.
Add a little water to it to make it smooth, thicken it up by leaving the lid off if you want to make it thicker, make it into a wash by adding even more water to it. Use flat brushes for a smooth look or bristle brushes for a more textured aged look.
You’ll discover some core techniques below as well as on the Annie Sloan YouTube channel. To learn more about these and other techniques, contact your local stockist about booking a course or workshop. Alternatively, you’ll find detailed step-by-step instructions in Annie Sloan’s books ‘Creating the French Look’ and ‘Quick and Easy Paint Transformations’ (both published by Cico Books).
Chalk Paint is a very special paint for very many reasons:
1. It’s the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. No need to prime or prepare
3. Extremely low VOC so it is good for the environment
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out
5. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and the website shows how you can adapt your colours for your use
7. It’s a girls’ paint, but boys can use it too
8. It’s flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
9. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
10. You can use it as an impasto (thickly) – leave the lid off to thicken
11. We’ve been making it since 1990 so it’s tried and tested